Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Chapter 13 or chapter 7?? So confused?

I met with an attorney today and he basically left it up to me. Please do not judge me and say I am the reason for the failing economy, I am just looking for advice. I was 1 and half months late on my house and they put it in foreclosure, I lost my job as a nurse in March d/t me having a latex allergy (so we lost 60,000/year income) havent found a job yet. My husband works and makes decent pay. If we file chapter 13 the attorney says our mortgage will be saved and we can keep the house, if we file chapter 7 we have to come up with the past due amounts plus a reinstatement fee to keep our house and then file chapter 7. I am so confused as to what to do. The only one I can ask to catch up on our house is my mother and if she says no I think were stuck in Chapter 13.. Any thoughts or suggestions, trust me I feel bad enough..

No comments:

Post a Comment