Saturday, August 13, 2011

I have a B.S. degree and want to join the military, is it a wise decision?

I have been looking to make a change and I am curious about the military. I am a female and am very hard working and would be dedicated to whatever I get myself into. That being said, I have a B.S. degree in Psychology and graduated *** Laude (3.7 GPA). I have been told by some enlisted guys that they believe I would go in as an officer. I haven't talked to a recruiter because I know they are biased in the information they give and would like an answer from a very blunt person. I want to join because I know the discipline and level of organization is something I respect and I would love to conduct research in the sciences in this environment. Being able to help by using my expertise and love of research, teaching and finding answers is something I want to do. I have no qualms about learning to use a gun or the possibility of going to a foreign country, I just wouldn't want to be an infantry. I have never taken the ASVAB. Just wondering if anyone has experiences in the same field or as any advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment